Sevenoaks Medical Centre has a world-leading team of orthopaedic specialists, including consultants and surgeons. They provide quick assessment, intervention and effective treatment for a wide range of common and complex musculoskeletal conditions.
Along with our patient-centric approach to care, our investment in state-of-the-art equipment and our exceptional in-house support team, our outstanding reputation has been developed from attracting exceptional consultants in orthopaedic medicine.
Using the latest orthopaedic procedures, our highly skilled consultants can treat musculoskeletal trauma, degenerative diseases and sports injuries, as well as infections, tumours and congenital disorders. At Sevenoaks Medical Centre, we also have the skills, knowledge and experience to help patients with multiple stages of arthritis.
Our talented team is able to drastically reduce diagnosis and recovery time for our patients, using the latest imaging techniques and minimally invasive surgical techniques. Clinical consultations, diagnostic tests and treatments and can also often be carried out on the same day.
Orthopaedic treatments offered at Sevenoaks Medical Centre
We offer assessments and treatment procedures to monitor and repair damage to many parts of the body. In some cases you may be referred for surgery to London Bridge Hospital. However, this is assessed on an individual basis.
Our orthopaedic services include:
We provide a specialised service at Sevenoaks Medical Centre to rapidly diagnose and treat painful shoulder injuries, fractures and shoulder disorders. In addition to having access to a specialist shoulder surgeon, MRI, X-ray, ultrasound scans and other examinations which can be arranged quickly.
- Shoulder replacement
- Shoulder physiotherapy
- Arthroscopic decompression
- Arthroscopic rotator cuff repair
- Arthroscopic shoulder stabilisation
Whilst 19 out of 20 back pain cases can be solved simply, in situations where it is a chronic condition, we provide many options and solutions. These focus on diagnosing and treating the root cause of back pain, such as:
- Back pain clinics
- Back pain treatment
- Treating lower back pain
- Back surgery
For patients with spinal fractures, infections, or spinal tumours, inflammatory disorders or congenital deformity, there are many options to consider. We also conduct different types of spine surgery for back and spine-related problems.
Surgery will probably be the last option in those cases were other remedies and techniques haven’t yielded results. Arranging an appointment with a specialist orthopaedic surgeon can help you decide on the best treatment.
Conditions we treat include:
- Osteoporotic fractures
- Trapped nerves causing arm pain (brachialgia) and leg pain (sciatica)
- Scoliosis and kyphosis – curving of the spine
- Inflammatory disorders
- Injection therapies – facet injection, nerve root block, epidurals
- Neck and lower back pain
Ageing can cause problems to joints, particularly the hip. We offer a range of treatments at Sevenoaks Medical Centre for dealing with conditions developed from the hip, as well diagnostics and pain management solutions. The treatments we offer include:
- Hip replacement
- Hip resurfacing
- Hip revision
- Hip arthroscopy – a type of keyhole surgery
Hand and wrist treatments
Our consultants specialise in the surgical and non-surgical treatment for hand and wrist-related conditions. From orthopaedic specialists to plastic surgeons with particular hand and wrist training, our team members are distinguished and multidisciplinary.
Conditions we cover include:
- Hand fractures and joint/ligament injuries, such as skier’s thumb
- Wrist fractures
- Carpal tunnel syndrome and cubital tunnel syndrome
- Trauma to tendons, nerves and other soft tissues
- Dupuytren’s disease – a condition involving a fixed forward curvature of one or more fingers
- Rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis, such as ulnar abutment syndrome
- Sports injuries, including triangular fibrocartilage complex (TFCC) and wrist ligament injuries
- Work and leisure-related upper limb disorders
- Tenosynovitis and tendonitis
- Ganglions and tumours
- Scaphoid fractures and nonunions – a serious fracture complication
Hand and wrist treatments for such conditions include:
- Exercise therapy and mobilisation techniques
- Thermoplastic static and dynamic splints
- Neoprene custom made splints
- Oedema and wound management
- Medico-legal assessment
- Work and leisure rehabilitation using Primus RS
- Scar management, including pressure garments
Sevenoaks Medical Centre provides a specialised service to effectively diagnose and treat knee injuries, knee pain and other knee-related problems. Examinations, such as using X-ray and MRI, can often be arranged on the same day as the consultation and treatment. This includes surgery, if it is required, which can be arranged quickly.
We undertake a large number of knee procedures, including:
- Removal of bony spurs (outgrowth of bone)
- Primary total knee replacement
- Primary unicondylar knee replacement
- Revision knee replacement surgery
- Arthroscopic trimming or repair of a torn meniscus
- Arthroscopic removal of plicae and loose bodies
- Arthroscopic anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction
- Autologous cartilage-cell implantation
- Outpatient injections
Lower limb treatments
We provide lower limb treatments that aim to help with related problems causing pain and discomfort. These procedures also assist in the rehabilitation of conditions that develop following surgery. Treatments include:
- Surgery for arthritis
- Arthroscopic (Keyhole) knee procedures and ankle surgery
- Nonunion and trauma surgery
- Deformity correction and limb lengthening
- Bunion surgery
Foot and ankle treatments
Treatments at Sevenoaks Medical Centre for the foot and ankle involve diagnosing conditions, which can stop the ability to walk, and cause pain and discomfort. We provide many treatments, including:
- Ankle arthroscopy
- Ankle Arthritis
- Achilles tendon rupture repair
- Fusion for big toe arthritis
- Cheilectomy for big toe arthritis
- Bunion Surgery
- Morton’s Neuroma
- Lateral ligament reconstruction for chronic ankle instability
Why choose our orthopaedic services at Sevenoaks Medical Centre?
- Providing care tailored to patients’ needs and requirements, our consultants and nursing staff work hard with each individual.
- We use the latest developments in diagnostic and orthopaedic technology to give patients the best possible care and treatment.
- Drawing on their impressive skills and experience, we work with leading consultants who can provide exceptional orthopaedic treatment and patient care.
- As well as causing severe pain and discomfort, orthopaedic conditions can make doing daily tasks at work and at home difficult, so they often require immediate treatment. We aim to arrange appointments on the same day a patient gets in touch so their treatment can start as soon as possible.
- Together, our consultants, technology and quality of care at Sevenoaks Medical Centre help us give patients an ideal outcome – the best treatment, for the best recovery, for the best result.
If you would like to book an appointment or find out more about our Orthopaedic Department and the services we offer at Sevenoaks Medical Centre, please call 01732 775 800. Alternatively, fill in our form to request an appointment online.