Sevenoaks Medical Centre has a team of specialists. They provide quick assessment, intervention and effective treatment for a wide range of common and complex musculoskeletal conditions.
Along with our patient-centric approach to care, our investment in state-of-the-art equipment and our exceptional in-house support team, we have a team of consultants in orthopaedic medicine and surgery.
Using the latest orthopaedic procedures, our highly skilled consultants can diagnose and treat musculoskeletal trauma, degenerative diseases and sports injuries, as well as infections, tumours and congenital disorders. At Sevenoaks Medical Centre, we also have the skills, knowledge and experience to help patients with multiple stages of arthritis.. In the event that surgery is needed this will be done in a hospital.
Our talented team is able to reduce diagnosis and recovery time for our patients, using the latest imaging techniques and minimally invasive surgical techniques. Clinical consultations, diagnostic tests and treatments can often be done on the same day.
ORTHOPAEDIC TREATMENTS OFFERED AT SEVENOAKS MEDICAL CENTRE
We offer assessments and treatment procedures to monitor and repair damage to many parts of the body. In some cases you may be referred for surgery to KIMS Hospital. However, this is assessed on an individual basis.
Our orthopaedic services include:
We provide a specialised service at Sevenoaks Medical Centre to rapidly diagnose and treat painful shoulder injuries, fractures and shoulder disorders. In addition to having access to doctors who specialise in shoulder problems, MRI, X-ray, ultrasound scans and other examinations can be arranged quickly.
Treatments at the Centre and KIMS Hospital include:
- Shoulder physiotherapy
- Arthroscopic decompression
- Arthroscopic rotator cuff repair
- Arthroscopic shoulder stabilisation
- Shoulder replacement
Whilst 19 out of 20 back pain cases can be solved simply, in situations where it is a chronic condition, we provide many options and solutions. These focus on diagnosing and treating the root cause of back pain, such as:
- Back pain clinics
- Non-surgical back pain treatment
- Back surgery when indicated
There are many differing problems affecting the spine and there are many options for treatment.
Surgery will probably be the last option in cases were other conservative remedies have been ineffective. Arranging an appointment with a specialist can help you decide on the best treatment.
Ageing can cause problems to joints, particularly the hip. At Sevenoaks Medical Centre and KIMS Hospital we offer a range of diagnostics and pain management solutions for dealing with conditions developed from the hip. The surgical treatments we offer include:
- Hip replacement
- Hip resurfacing
- Hip surgery revision (in selected cases)
- Hip arthroscopy – a type of keyhole surgery
HAND AND WRIST TREATMENTS
Our consultants specialise in the surgical and non-surgical treatment for hand and wrist-related conditions. They include orthopaedic specialists and plastic surgeons with particular hand and wrist training. Conditions we cover include:
- Hand fractures and joint/ligament injuries, such as skier’s thumb
- Wrist fractures
- Carpal tunnel syndrome and cubital tunnel syndrome
- Trauma to tendons, nerves and other soft tissues
- Dupuytren’s disease – a condition involving a fixed forward curvature of one or more fingers
- Rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis, such as ulnar abutment syndrome
- Sports injuries, including triangular fibrocartilage complex (TFCC) and wrist ligament injuries
- Work and leisure-related upper limb disorders
- Tenosynovitis and tendonitis
- Ganglions and tumours
- Scaphoid fractures and nonunion – a serious fracture complication
Hand and wrist treatments for such conditions include:
- Exercise therapy and mobilisation techniques
- Thermoplastic static and dynamic splints
- Neoprene custom made splints
- Oedema and wound management
- Medico-legal assessment
- Work and leisure rehabilitation using Primus RS
- Scar management, including pressure garments
- Surgery in hospital if required
Sevenoaks Medical Centre provides a specialised service to diagnose and treat knee injuries, knee pain and other knee-related problems. Examinations, such X-ray and MRI, can often be arranged on the same day as the consultation and treatment. If surgery is required, this can be arranged quickly.
We undertake a large number of knee procedures, including:
- Outpatient injections
Hospital surgery includes:
- Removal of bony spurs (outgrowth of bone)
- Primary total knee replacement
- Primary unicondylar knee replacement
- Revision knee replacement surgery
- Arthroscopic trimming or repair of a torn meniscus
- Arthroscopic removal of loose bodies and other pathology
- Arthroscopic anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction
- Autologous cartilage-cell implantation
LOWER LIMB TREATMENTS
We provide lower limb treatments that aim to help with related problems causing pain and discomfort. These procedures also assist in the rehabilitation of conditions that develop following surgery. These include physiotherapy and joint injections
FOOT AND ANKLE TREATMENTS
Treatments at Sevenoaks Medical Centre for the foot and ankle involve diagnosing conditions, which can stop the ability to walk, and cause pain and discomfort. Following diagnosis, we provide many treatments at KIMS Hospital, including:
- Ankle arthroscopy
- Ankle Arthritis
- Achilles tendon rupture repair
- Fusion for big toe arthritis
- Cheilectomy for big toe arthritis
- Bunion Surgery
- Morton’s Neuroma
- Lateral ligament reconstruction for chronic ankle instability
WHY CHOOSE OUR ORTHOPAEDIC SERVICES AT SEVENOAKS MEDICAL CENTRE?
- Providing care tailored to patients’ needs and requirements, our consultants and nursing staff work hard with each individual.
- We use the latest developments in diagnostic and orthopaedic technology to give patients the best possible care and treatment.
- Drawing on their skills and experience, we work with leading consultants who can provide orthopaedic treatment and patient care.
- As well as causing severe pain and discomfort, orthopaedic conditions can make doing daily tasks at work and at home difficult, so they often require immediate treatment. We aim to arrange appointments on the same day a patient gets in touch so their treatment can start as soon as possible.
- Together, our consultants, technology and quality of care at Sevenoaks Medical Centre help us give patients an ideal outcome – the best treatment, for the best recovery and the best result.
If you would like to book an appointment or find out more about our Orthopaedic services at Sevenoaks Medical Centre, please call 01732 775 800. Alternatively, fill in our form to request an appointment online.