We offer a menopause and gynaecological endocrine service at Sevenoaks Medical Centre.
The menopause is marked by the ending of menstruation (when a woman’s periods stop). As a result of these hormonal changes, many women have physical and emotional symptoms such as hot flushes, night sweats and irritability.
We provide consultation and treatment to ease menopausal symptoms that are severe or distressing, including:
- Assessment and management of menopause symptoms.
- Discussion of treatment options including hormone therapy / alternative therapies / life style modification.
- Discussion of the pros and cons of the various routes of oestradiol administration (transdermal such as patches or gel / oral / implants; progestogens / progesterone preparations and testosterone preparations such as gel or implants.
- Premature ovarian insufficiency / premature menopause including hormonal management and discussion of fertility options.
- Assessment of ovarian reserve.
- Gynaecological endocrinology problems including infrequent / absent periods and polycystic ovarian syndrome related problems.
- Assessment and management of bleeding problems with HRT and in the pre / post menopause including pelvic ultrasound scan assessment, endometrial biopsy and hysteroscopy.
For more information or to book an appointment please contact us on 01732 775 800 or email email@example.com