Oral and Maxillofacial Sugery
Oral and maxillofacial surgery focuses on diseases affecting the mouth, jaw, face and neck. The oral and maxillofacial team at Sevenoaks Medical Centre is staffed by surgeons with medical and dental expertise. This allows them to effectively diagnose and treat a variety of oral and maxillofacial conditions including:
The Oral and Maxillofacial Department at Sevenoaks Medical Centre diagnoses and manages the causes of facial pain. This could be pain caused by other conditions or damage to bones, tendons or muscles in the jaw. We offer diagnostic and treatment services, for more advanced cases we can refer patients for surgery.
Our facial pain treatments include:
- Cryotreatment of trigeminal neuralgia
- Temporomandibular joint arthrocentesis
- Temporomandibular joint surgery
Oral Medicine is concerned with the oral health care of patients with chronic, recurring and medical disorders affecting the oral and maxillofacial region. At Sevenoaks Medical Centre, we specialise in the diagnosis and management of these conditions.
Oral medicine differs from oral surgery and maxillofacial surgery as the emphasis is on conditions that are normally treated without the need for a surgical procedure.
Conditions in oral medicine and facial pain include:
- Disorders of the tongue
- Taste disorders
- Dry mouth
- Sore mouth
- Red patches in the mouth
- White patches in the mouth
- Lichen Planus
- Lumps and bumps in the mouth
- Oral infections
- Oral ulceration
- Oral manifestations of drugs
- Oral manifestations of medical conditions
- Oral mucosal disorders
- Potentially malignant oral lesions
- Salivary gland disorders
- Burning Mouth Syndrome
- Chronic facial pain
- Persistent idiopathic facial pain
- Temporomandibular Joint disorders
- Trigeminal neuralgia
Oncology focuses on the treatment and removal of cancer, tumours and non-cancerous growths. In the Oral and Maxillofacial Department this particularly concentrates on the following areas:
- Surgery for all oropharyngeal carcinomas this include paranasal sinuses and salivary glands
- Skin tumour and mole excision
- Fibreoptic laryngo and pharyngoscopy
- Comprehensive treatment for osteoradionecrosis
- Comprehensive reconstruction (including microvascular) following treatments
- Biopsy of oro-cervico facial lesions
Why use the Oral and Maxillofacial Department at Sevenoaks Medical Centre?
At Sevenoaks Medical Centre, we recognise that issues involving the mouth and gums can be painful and uncomfortable, this is why we aim to arrange appointments same or next day appointments for our patients.
We work with leading consultants, using their expertise alongside the latest advances in medicine and technology to provide the highest levels treatment and care to our patients.
Patient care is tailored to each individual patients specific needs, this promotes a better quality of care, taking each patients requirements into account.
We aim for the most favourable outcomes to treatment, focussing on achieving the best possible results in terms of successful treatment and a full patient recovery.
To find out more about our Oral and Maxillofacial Department please call: 01732 775 800. Alternatively, if you would like to request an appointment use our online booking form.