Dietetic & Nutrition Services
The Dietetic and Nutrition Services at Sevenoaks Medical Centre focuses on evaluating a patient’s dietary and nutritional needs to assist in recover, improve wellbeing and manage their symptoms.
They provide invaluable assistance to patients and the healthcare team by translating complex nutritional information into diet plans, which are effective and achievable methods for assisting treatment for our patients.
Understanding dietetics at Sevenoaks Medical Centre
We offer flexible one-to-one consultations with our dietetics experts to discuss a patient’s dietary needs with them. This allows our dietitians to assess and plan a suitable course of action.
We tailor treatment for each patient to provide the most effective results possible. The department works with our other multidisciplinary teams to integrate nutrition and dietary considerations into a patient’s overall care.
We also offer a specialised clinic for irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), alongside sports nutrition clinics with accredited sports nutrition experts.
Hydrogen breath test (HBT) service
HBTs are a non-invasive diagnostic procedure, which can in some instances be carried out in a patient’s own home. This test is used to identify issues, which can affect bowel symptoms, such as small intestinal bacterial overgrowth or sugar intolerance.
HBTs help our dietitians in planning effective diet therapy specific to a patient’s individual needs. They can also indicate if a referral to a consultant or doctor is necessary for medical treatment.
Our nutritional and dietetic services specialise in a number of key areas:
- Heart disease and high blood pressure
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
- Bloating/abdominal discomfort
- Kidney disease
- Liver disease
- Neurological disorders, such as stroke
- Renal disease
- Weight gain
- Weight loss
- Eating disorders
- Sports nutrition
- Parenteral nutrition
- Dysphagia (swallowing difficulties)
- Pre/post operation dietetics
- Vitamin and mineral deficiencies
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Hyperlipidaemia (high blood fats)
- Gynaecological disorders (PCOS)
- Critical care
You will meet with a leading dietitian who specialises in your specific form of diet therapy. They will conduct an assessment and work with you to address any nutritional concerns, as well as provide tailored advice for maintaining a balanced and healthy diet, which will assist in your treatment.
Why choose our dietetic services at Sevenoaks Medical Centre?
- Medical issues can be stressful. This is why we strive for appointments that are convenient and timely, often on the same or next day, enabling us to diagnose and treat issues more quickly.
- Our consultants and experts come from London’s top teaching hospitals.
- We utilise the latest developments in diagnostic technology. This helps our experts gather more information, leading to more accurate diagnosis and effective treatment.
- Your care is specific to your needs and is intended to bring about the most positive and effective outcomes in both your treatment and recovery.